Carthage, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Carthage North Carolina
Annual Carthage Buggy Festival
- Started in 1989, the Carthage Buggy Festival is a celebration of the rich history of Carthage, North Carolina. The Buggy Festival is held each year to commemorate the famous Tyson and Jones Buggy Factory that, from the mid-1800's to the 1920's, produced the carriages that were essential to life in rural North Carolina. With an annual attendance of 20,000, the Buggy Festival has grown into one of the biggest and best known festivals in the region.
The festivities of the Carthage Buggy Festival begin each year on the Friday night before Mother's Day. On Friday night, the Carthage Firefighters Association host an antique fire truck and car show at Nancy Kiser Park. Music, food and other activities will be available. On Saturday, over 100 food and craft vendors will surround the Historic Courthouse from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. The Buggy Festival Idol contest will be held at 4:30 p.m. A stage is set up on the steps of the Courthouse, and is host to a variety of entertainment, including cloggers and bands playing gospel, country, and southern rock music.
Children's rides and games are prominent and always provided free of charge. An impressive display of buggies and historic tractors can be found, and one of the largest classic car shows in the area also takes place. Buggy rides are offered along residential streets adjacent to the Buggy Festival.
Carthage July 4th Parade
- Annual parade with floats, cars, bands, ROTC, Marine Color Guard and more. Free! Begins at 11am.
Address: 4396 Hwy. 15-501 , Carthage, North Carolina
Kitchens ... And Moore Tour
- Tour of 6 houses in the Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen Area. Area chefs will be on site at the homes serving favorite recipes. Hours: 10 AM-4 PM. Admission Fee $20 day of tour. Tickets in advance $15 at Moore County Cooperative Extension Office in Carthage.
Address: Moore County Office Park , Carthage, North Carolina
Carthage Christmas Tour of Homes
- Tour several of the memorable historic and not-so-historic homes in the Carthage area, each decorated in their holiday finest. You can also visit with the owners to hear the history of the home and special stories on the decor. 2-5 pm. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased the day of the tour.
Address: Rockingham and Saunders St. , Carthage, North Carolina
|24||Christmas Open House - Come and celebrate the holiday spirit! Take a tour of the museum and see the Christmas trees decorated with ornaments made by Carthage Elementary School students. Refreshments will be served. Sponsored by the Carthage Historical Committee. Free and open to the public. 2:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m.|
Carthage Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting
- The Town of Carthage "World Famous" Christmas Parade Tuesday at 6:15 p.m. following the County Christmas Tree Lighting at the Old Courthouse. Line up at 5:30 p.m. in the Carriage Oaks Parking Lot. Please call or email if you are interested in participating.
No four-wheelers, go-carts or golf carts are allowed.
Commercial business floats are charged a fee of $50.00.
Civic groups, non-profit organizations or church groups
no fee is required.
Wreath laying at the Moore County Veterans Memorial
- I would like to invite you to come join me in Moore County along with Wreaths Across America to;Remember the fallen; Honor those who served; and Teach our children the value of freedom. We will be presenting these wreaths on the 10th of December at 12:00pm at the Veterans Memorial in Carthage. The wreaths represent each branch of the Armed Forces after they are placed we will stand in silent reflection to remember those who paid the ultimate price for our Freedom. I welcome any aid or suggestions. If you have any questions please contact me at:
B29blackmagic@aol.com or office (910) 944-7037.
Thank you, Petra Bartolo
www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2YFP_Moore_Co_Veterans_Memorial_Carthage_NC , it's location is the Jct US-15/US-501 & NC-24/NC-27 near Hardees.
The wreaths donated are from Wreaths Across America, here is a web-link for a video about the wreaths,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bylWsTqN97I
Ph: office (910)944-7037 (Always call and confirm events)