The present depot was expanded in 1925 from the original depot built about 1910. Missouri-Kansas-Texas service started in 1904 and continued until 1977. During the oil boom years of the 1920s, nine freight and four passenger grains stopped in Hominy each day.
Constructed in 1907, the building has always served the community as a drug store. Its affiliation with Rexall dates to the 1920s. The second floor was used for many years by various professions including law, dentistry, and photography.
This Osage center features a collection of Lillie Morrell Burkheart. It is the former home of the first woman to be nominated to the Osage Tribal Council and a descendant of Chief Pawhuska. Ribbonwork and other cultural items are on display.
Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching.
The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980
The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays.
Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960