This native stone home was built by Gus Schroeder in 1888. The Schroeder home and the date built are inscribed on the stone scroll above the front door. The exterior from the 100 year old home features elaborate carvings of flowers, hearts, and lines which are also included in the corner stones. The corner stones are called "quoins" and each stone has different lines carved on them. The house is three stories with 12 rooms and walls that are 24 inches thick. The house has been remodeled to make it functional for the Ringel family who purchased it in 1956.
Address: 318 East 4th Street
Come visit us in Alma, Kansas