The bandstand was damaged in the May 4, 2003, tornado but the base still stands in its original location on Walnut Street. The historic bandstand was rebuilt with a red roof (its original color) and rededicated in May 2004.
The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell," and eventually "Chapman." When it was closed in 1951
The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870s, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South groups met in homes until both were able to build in 1881. In 1903