LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Claremore, Oklahoma

  • First Presbyterian Church

    First Presbyterian ChurchThe First Presbyterian Church occupies a corner lot in one of Claremore's oldest residential areas. The congregation of the First Presbyterian Church of Claremore was organized in 1887 and services we...
    First Presbyterian Church
  • Christ Presbyterian Church

    Christ Presbyterian ChurchThe Christ Presbyterian Church was purchased from the First United Methodist Church in 1990. In 1882, a one-room frame building was constructed after $500 was given by the Methodist General Conference...
    Christ Presbyterian Church

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Claremore's Expo-Center

The City of Claremore has redeveloped its old city/county fair grounds by removing all structures, and acquiring additional acreage, bringing the area to more than 55 acres. The major addition has been bulding the Expo Center.

Arena Area

Claremore, OK Expo Centers

Andy Payne and Route 66

Nine miles north of Claremore on Route 66 is Foyil, the hometown of ANDY PAYNE, a Cherokee Indian who was born on a ranch between Claremore and Foyil. At "66" and 28A, turn south, and you will be on the main street of Foyil and a portion of the original Route "66"

Claremore, OK Famous People

Christ Presbyterian Church

The Christ Presbyterian Church was purchased from the First United Methodist Church in 1990. In 1882, a one-room frame building was constructed after $500 was given by the Methodist General Conference to erect a house of worship. The church was served by "Circuit Rider" preachers until 1907

Claremore, OK Historic Churches

J. Bartley Milam Home

This private home was originally built by J. BARTLEY MILAM, Principal Chief of the Cherokees. The Cherokee government had been dismantled in 1907 when Oklahoma became a state. In 1941, Milam was appointed Chief for a year by Franklin D. Roosevelt and was reappointed until his death in 1949

Claremore, OK Historic Homes

Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Claremore, OK