Upcoming Events in Crete Illinois
- Saturdays, Mid May through mid October from 8 AM till 1 PM
The outdoor corner market with a European flair! Crete's European Market is held each Saturday on the corner of Main and Exchange Streets in the Crete United Methodist Church Parking Lot. The European Market hosts locally grown fresh produce, flowers and other seasonal and specialty vendors. The European Market has been established for the benefit of the community, the vendor, and the consumer alike.
|31 - 1||
Village-Wide Garage Sales
- The Crete Village-Wide Garage and Sidewalk Sales are a great opportunity for both garage salers and sellers alike. Friday and Saturday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Salers - Great deals!
Calling all garage salers! This is a wonderful weekend of exploration! Crete residents will be offering up wonderful deals on their no-longer-needed items. Friday and Saturday, June 13 & 14, up and down the streets of Crete, you will find sales, sales, sales. Sellers can be found outside their homes, in their yards and garages. Many downtown shops participate in this event as well by conducting sidewalk sales on these days. You just never know what kind of treasures you might find. Come out early, bring your friends and make a day of it! Address lists become available a few days before the event.
- The Crete Park District's 50 Years of Fun (Save the Date) festival was such a huge success last year that we have decided to turn it into an annual event, renaming it "CRETE PARK-A-PALOOZA!" It is our goal to give back to the community by providing a fun filled and affordable day on Saturday. We will have Beep Baseball, sponsored by the Crete Lion's Club, Bean Bag Tournaments, Touch-A-Truck, A Taste of Crete, Water Battle, Ping Pong, a children's fun area, Face Painting, Balloon Art, Jumpies sponsored by First United Bank, and Live Music!
GET YOUR FUN FIX!
Admission is FREE but don't forget to bring money for food!!
|22 - 24||
Crete Country Christmas
- At Christmas time Crete turns into a Winter Wonderland! One weekend is dedicated to Winter fun for the whole family. Crete Mainstreet Association sponsors Crete Country Christmas and it's activities.
Crete Country Christmas features activities such as:
* Free Trolley to Trolley Stops featuring fun-filled family activities
* Chili Cook-Off at Crete Park District
* Night On The Town (Scavenger Hunt)
* Sharon's Custom Designed Cakes Holiday/Bridal Open House
* Carriage Rides
* Holiday Family Photos
* "Souper Supper" at the Crete United Methodist Church
* Pet Blessing
* Kris Kringle Market
* Craft Show & Bake Sale
* Reindeer Romp (Real LIVE Reindeer to see and pet!)
* The Parade of Lights
* Live Nativity at Zion Lutheran Church
* Breakfast with Santa
* Memorial Lights Ceremony
* and more!
The above are just some of the events that we had planned for this magical weekend. We encourage business participation and members help in organizing this once a year delightful event that brings Christmas to the air, Crete Country Christmas.