This demanding private course is excellent for all skill levels of golfer. The small greens are fast. The course's signature hole is #17, a 148-yard, par 3, requiring a tee shot to a green framed by large trees. Donald Sechrest designed the back nine, which was added in 1982.
A bronze statue by Jasper D'Ambrosi commemorates the 1875 - 1885 Texas cattle drives to Dodge City. The sculpture represents longhorns who emerged as leaders and led many drives up the dusty trail from Texas. Coronado'
Both civilians and soldiers were buried in the military cemetery. The saying then was "the rich are buried at the Fort and the cowhands and poor are buried on Boot Hill or gone to "hell." Friends and family buried Marshal Ed Masterson, Bat's brother, at Fort Dodge in 1878
Fort Dodge was established April 10, 1865 by Captain Henry Pierce, 11th Kansas Cavalry, by order of Major General Grenville M. Dodge, commanding the department. Although there is some doubt, the post was probably named for Colonel Henry Dodge, 1st U. S. Dragoons.
Tracks of the original wagon trail used by pioneers from 1821 to 1872 are located nine miles west of town. This site, listed on the National Register of Historic Sites, contains the largest continuous stretch of clearly defined tracks along the entire route of the trail.