LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Double Ditch Indian Village State Historic Site


category : Historic Sites
Site contains ruins of large Mandan Indian earthlodge village believed to have been inhabited for nearly 300 years until 1781. The remains of earthlodges, refuse mounds and the surrounding fortification ditches are clearly discernible. There are eight interactive signs on the site.


Address: 7 miles north on Highway 1804
Phone: 701-328-2666
Fax: 701-328-3710
Our Email: histsoc@state.nd.us
Our Website:www.nd.gov/hist

Come visit us in Bismarck, North Dakota

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Buckstop Junction

Reconstructed village on 20 acres contains actual buildings from the late 1800s to the early 1930

Bismarck, ND Museums

Lewis and Clark Jetboat Excursions

From our 26 passenger Jet Boat, people can see historical natural life as Lewis & Clark and others from the past did. Lewis & Clark Jet Boat Excursions will contribute their knowledge of the natural wonders that North Dakota has to offer. Our featured tours will provide a speaker on the "

Bismarck, ND Excursions


Camp Hancock State Historic Site

This site preserves part of a military post established as Camp Creeley in 1872 to provide protection for work gangs building the Northern Pacific Railroad. The camp's name was changed to Camp Hancock in 1873

Bismarck, ND Forts


Things to do Historic Sites near Bismarck, ND

Saint Claude State Historic Site

Site contains the archaeological remains of an 1882 mission and its cemetery founded by Father John Malo, who came to the are...

Double Ditch Indian Village State Historic Site

Site contains ruins of large Mandan Indian earthlodge village believed to have been inhabited for nearly 300 years until 1781...

Steamboat Warehouse State Historic Site

An interpretive marker denotes the site of a Northern Pacific Railroad Company warehouse that was built in 1883 to store good...

Camp Buell State Historic Site

The Sibley Expedition camped at this site July 3-4, 1863....

Fort Clark State Historic Site

Fort Clark was built in 1830-31 by the American Fur Company to serve a Mandan Indian earthlodge village built on the site in ...