El Dorado has been home to Butler Community College since it was founded in 1927. The then El Dorado Junior College was originally housed within the town's Junior High School. Today the college is located at the southwest corner of Haverhill and Towanda. The El Dorado campus is home to 256
The El Dorado Broncos are the summer collegiate baseball team in El Dorado. The team plays a 50-plus game schedule during June, July and August. They play all of their home games at McDonald Stadium in El Dorado.
The team moved to El Dorado in 1996
El Dorado's first library was built in 1912 from locally quarried hand-cut, native white limestone. Topped with the Spanish tiled roof, the library was funded in part by Andrew Carnegie. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places