Deals are always made at the Trading Station. You will find a variety of goods from which to choose, including guns, ammunition, hunting supplies, electronics and videos as well as jewelry for the la... The Trading Station
The historic Butler County Courthouse was built in 1909. Its Romanesque Style was designed by famed architect, George P. Washburn. Its terrazzo floors are still intact and reflect its elegant history.
The first woman jury in Kansas met here in 1912.
El Dorado's first library was built in 1912 from locally quarried hand-cut, native white limestone. Topped with the Spanish tiled roof, the library was funded in part by Andrew Carnegie. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
El Dorado became, for a while, the world's storybook oil field. Butler County encompassed 1,800 producing oil wells on 25,000 acres. The El Dorado Field is a story of men and events that helped Kansas and the nation emerge from the draft-horse and kerosene-lamp years into the gasoline age. "
El Dorado has been home to Butler Community College since it was founded in 1927. The then El Dorado Junior College was originally housed within the town's Junior High School. Today the college is located at the southwest corner of Haverhill and Towanda. The El Dorado campus is home to 256