category : Historic Courthouses
The Elk County Courthouse was built in 1908 after the original county seat center built in 1886 burned. The courthouse is one of a few that have a fireplace in every office.
The Gragg Memorial and Benson Museum houses antique implements such as a 1901 International Thresher, a 1916 Tumley oil pull tractor, and Howard's first fire truck - a 1929 model with less than 800 miles.
Wesleyan Church - In 1879 it was originally Presbyterian, then it became the FIRST Nazarene church established West of the Mississippi River. This is the original frame building, although it is now closed.