Upcoming Events in Ellis Kansas
|29 - 15||
- Visit our farmstead with a Spring Gardening Theme. We will have our barn and sheds open with country crafts, benches, birdhouses and more.
Blue Sky Tours LLC will off Miniature Horse and Cart Rides
Our exclusive Cottage Lane Hand~Poured Country Candles in 50+ wonderful fragrances. Our Country Cannery Container Candles are Triple Fragranced, lead free and burn a min. 110 hours! They are hand~poured right here in Ellis County at Cottage Lane.
Address: 1001 W. 15th , Ellis, Kansas
Annual Ellis Citywide Garage Sale
- Always scheduled on the first Saturday in June, It makes for a super way to kick off the summer. Get your map to 40 + advertised garage sales and then stumble across another 20 + and more. It grows BIGGER every year with greater treasures to be found. Bring the truck and trailer and rustle up the muscle for a GREAT DAY in the friendly home town of Ellis.
The maps are available after 7:00am. Locations will be anounced later. If you're interested in having a garage sale of your own but don't have a garage we can give you a super space on the main street. Contact: Sue at 785-726-4005. For $10.00 you get..... ***To have a published Garage Sale. ***Listing on the map with up to 20 words description. ***Advertising in several local papers. ***Advertising on two TV stations. ***Advertising on Radio. SEE YOU THERE!!!
Address: Citywide , Ellis, Kansas
|1 - 2||Riverfest - SECOND SATURDAY OF JUNE - Great food, beautiful crafts, and wild and wacky fun. Assorted booths will tempt you with delicious edibles from Buffalo Burgers to German Sausage and Kraut. Other vendors display and sell their goods and crafts or serve up the best hand-made, genuine lemon-aid! There are many activities to delight everyone - a Kids Corner where children can make and take a craft, a Lumberjack Show, Canoe Race, and Washer Tournament. During the evenings, pull up a lawn chair or spread a blanket on ground and listen to some of our awesome local talent in the bands that entertain the masses.|
|17 - 21||
Ellis Junior Free Fair
- Something for everyone is on tap during the Fair, generally held during the last week of July. Each night, Tuesday through Saturday, is devoted to competition and exhibits for all ages. You will find sand volleyball and horseshoe tournaments, baseball games, children's games, and a free barbecue. An event popular with the spectators is the Farm Olympics.Members of the local organizations and business converge for a surprising array of competitive activities, including the cow chip toss and goat milking, which is sure to have everyone in stitches.
Ph: 785-726-2660 (Always call and confirm events)
|19 - 31||
Cottage Lane Pumpkin Patch and Hand Poured Country Candles.
It's all about pumpkins and family fun at Cottage Lane Pumpkin Patch LLC during the "HARVEST OF PUMPKINS" Season!
Established in 2001, Cottage Lane Pumpkin Patch LLC offers a u-pick-em pumpkin patch that includes a hayride out to the field where you can pick your favorite pumpkins then return to the barn! Enjoy the peaceful rural setting with all it's country charm. Activities include a corn/feed maze, hay bale maze, seeing the animals on the farm and more! Enjoy shopping in the original ole' hog barn for locally made crafts, cottage lane candle products, custom made canned goods and fall decor!
Generally open the end of September through the end of October. However, much depends on each growing season as to when we can open and what activities we will have.
HARVEST OF PUMPKINS 2017 begins Saturday, September 23rd!
Saturdays: 11 AM-6 PM
Sundays: 1-6 PM
Fridays: 1-4 PM
Weekend Admission $7/person, ages 3 and under FREE!
Wed- Fri: Guided group tours and field trips welcome by appointment. Call 785-724-2490 to schedule.
MOONLIGHT MAZE: Always held the end of October, this is an event within an event! It is a night of fun and ghouls! Meander through the maze, with glow stick in hand, at Night! but beware of Scarecrow Joe the legend that lurks within the maze! Afterwards, cozy up to a warm campfire with marshmallows and refreshments available.
MOONLIGHT MAZE 2017 will be October 28th, after dark!
Cottage Lane Pumpkin Patch is located on the West Edge of Ellis, off Old Hwy 40.
DIRECTIONS: Take I-70 to Ellis Exit 145. Go downtown. Turn West at Stoplight, then South at 110th ave.(off Old Hwy 40). On Left past the creek/bridge.
Ph: 785-726-2490 (Always call and confirm events)
|6||Boy Scout Haunted Train Ride -|
|29 - 27||
Harvest of Pumpkins
- HARVEST OF PUMPKINS 2017 begins Sept. 23rd - October! Cottage Lane Pumpkin Patch is a u-pick-em pumpkin patch that offers a hayride to the field, corn/feed maze, hay bale maze, farm animals to see shopping in the barn and more!
Hayride, U-Pick-M Pumpkins, Corn/Stalk Maze, Hay/Milo Maze,
*Miniature Horse/Cart Rides - Sundays Only,
*Petting Zoo-Oct. Weekends Only,
Moonlight Maze - Evenings Mid to Late October,
Ongoing Scarecrow Contest-Cast Your Vote!
Stroll thru the Original Hog Barn & Chicken Coops filled with Fall Decor, Country Crafts and Cottage Lane Candles!
Enjoy a Fun, Family filled Day, in a Peaceful Country Setting!
A Registered Kansas AgriTourism Business.
Saturdays 11-6 and Sundays 1-6 - Through October.
Weekdays by Appointment.
Field Trips and Group Tours Welcome!
*Visiting Businesses Charge Separately.
Address: 1001 W. 15th , Ellis, Kansas
Follow the Star Community Christmas
- The Christmas season in Ellis will start with the Follow The Star to Ellis Christmas Celebration. Vendors will be set up at the Old High School. Crafts, Food and other booths will be there. The man in the red suit will be hearing the wishes of the younger visitors. Guests will be able to register for prizes that will be given away. The hours are 10 am- 4 pm.
Also going that day is Country Christmas located at the Cottage Lane Pumpkin Patch. There will be crafts, hayrides and Santa. It is located west of Ellis stoplight, turn south @ 110th Ave. left past the creek. Contact Donna Sonneson at 785-726-2490 for more information
Address: Old High School , Ellis, Kansas