Thanks to the efforts of the Smithsonian Institute our Post Office Lobby provides an opportunity to view one of the remaining depression era murals commissioned by the WPA. The 1938 mural entitled, "C... WPA Mural
The Memorial Hall is host to a regular tour of Jim Brother's Bronze Sculptures, which have garnered Worldwide acclaim. His awards and credits are numerous and include the Carl Akeley Medallion, (Intl.... Jim Brother's Bronze Sculptures
The present building was built by the Carnegie Foundation and the Entre Nous Club at a cost of $20,000. It opened to the public September 26, 1914. The Entre Nous club donated their collection of 25,000
The Greenwood County Historical Museum houses artifacts including geneological records, maps agricultural tools, house-hold items, and interesting displays. See the doll house, shaving mugs, tool chest (1860), 1900
Canoe trips - down scenic Fall River, 6-8 miles/3/4 hours. Also guided backpack trips, Spring and Fall.
Camping - area lakes, Fall River and Christian Hills Camp.
Hunting - the best anywhere! Quail, Prairie Chicken, Turkey, Deer, and Rabbits.
The cornerstone of the first frame church was laid in 1868. It must have taken a while to erect the first church, as it was not finished until 1870. That church was destroyed by a tornado in 1873. The cornerstone for the present stone church was laid September 18, 1873