The Memorial Hall is host to a regular tour of Jim Brother's Bronze Sculptures, which have garnered Worldwide acclaim. His awards and credits are numerous and include the Carl Akeley Medallion, (Intl.); "Best in the World", Wildlife Sculpture; Seville World Expo, at the 1992 World'
The cornerstone of the first frame church was laid in 1868. It must have taken a while to erect the first church, as it was not finished until 1870. That church was destroyed by a tornado in 1873. The cornerstone for the present stone church was laid September 18, 1873
The Greenwood County Historical Museum houses artifacts including geneological records, maps agricultural tools, house-hold items, and interesting displays. See the doll house, shaving mugs, tool chest (1860), 1900
This brick building was dedicated in 1884. The original building, 50' x 100', consisted of three stories and a small basement. The addition to the east was built in 1923 and the exterior of the original building received a stucco treatment in 1926, creating a Spanish look. The hotel cafe (
The present building was built by the Carnegie Foundation and the Entre Nous Club at a cost of $20,000. It opened to the public September 26, 1914. The Entre Nous club donated their collection of 25,000