Upcoming Events in Florence Alabama
First Fridays in Florence
- Downtown Florence hosts an art fair the first Friday of every month. Artist sell and demonstrate their work on the street. There is a variety of live music and entertainment. Downtown stores, including unique gift shops and art galleries, stay open late for shoppers. Come enjoy a family-friendly environment like no other in the area. The event draws participants and visitors from surrounding cities including Huntsville, Nashville, Birmingham, Memphis, and Tupelo. All artists and musicians are invited to participate and there is no booth rental fee. Call to reserve exhibit space.
Address: Downtown Florence, Court Street and Cross Streets , Florence, Alabama
|28 - 2||Annual George Lindsey UNA Film Festival - Established by Dr. Lindsey, who has had an illustrious career on the Broadway stage, television and in film, and professor emeritus of journalism Bobbie Hurt, the festival is a cultural endeavor designed to use film and video as a tool for education.|
|18 - 19||
Arts Alive Festival
- Arts Alive is a juried fine arts and crafts festival held in historic Florence Alabama. Come enjoy a weekend of fun, fine arts and crafts, a special gala to meet the artists on Saturday evening, and the wonderful area of the shoals.This festival has grown from a small backyard event to a 90 to 100 vendor festival. All proceeds go to the surrounding area schools through the 'Artist in Residence' program.
9 AM until 5 PM Saturday & Sunday.
Address: Wilson Park, Downtown Florence , Florence, Alabama
|25 - 26||
Annual Frontier Day Celebration
- The history and heritage of Florence is celebrated with living history displays, craft demonstrations and tours of the museum. Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Sun., 1-4 p.m.
Address: Pope's Tavern, 203 Hermitage Dr. , Florence, Alabama
Spirit of Freedom Celebration
- Event with great entertainment, fabulous fireworks and fun for the family. It is sponsored by Urban Radio
Address: McFarland Park , Florence, Alabama
|19 - 28||
W.C. Handy Music Festival
- Week-long celebration of the musical heritage of Northwest Alabama sponsored by the Music Preservation Society. Since 1982 the Shoals region has hosted the festival that features more than 100 events throughout a three-county area. Concerts, music in clubs and restaurants, churches, theatres,parks, art galleries, on the street corners, and just about any place they can find to put the music is where you'll find it. Athletic events, educational events, Street Strut, antique car show, music industry panels and programs. Last full week in July.
Address: The Shoals, Alabama headquarters in Florence , Florence, Alabama
|9 - 10||
Killen Founders Day
- Fri., parade at 6 p.m. followed by entertainment in Killen Park at 7:30 p.m.; Sat., 5k run, children's activities, Civil War reenactment, car and truck show, entertainment, fireworks show. Native American relics and military items on display at the Pettus Museum.
Address: Town of Killen and Killen Park off Hwy 72 , Florence, Alabama
|14 - 15||
Trail of Tears Motorcycle Ride and Native America Pow Wow in Waterloo
- Commemoration of the Trail of Tears history with the Largest Organized Motorcycle Ride in the South, with over 100,000 motorcycles participating. The ride leaves Cherokee, NC on Friday to Chattanooga and the organized ride begins Saturday in Chattanooga and travels 250 miles to Waterloo, AL. Waterloo will host an authentic Native American Powwow, entertainment and all types of vendors. The ride departs Sunday for Oklahoma to complete the route.
Address: Downtown Waterloo , Florence, Alabama
|4 - 6||
- Family activities for the whole family with games, entertainment, food, etc.
Address: St. Florian, 1 Hightower Place , Florence, Alabama
Alabama Renaissance Feast
- The Alabama Faire has a rotating monarchy. Each year shortly before the faire, Gode Cookery prepares a fund raiser feast. The local community attends the feast. Whoever gets the coin in their cake will be the monarch for next year's faire. On the last day of faire the current Ruler yields the throne to the next ruler.
An authentic Medieval/Renaissance full-course dinner prepared by Chef Jim Matterer from Pennsylvania, who has been featured on the Food Network for his period recipes. Event takes place in a Baronial Hall decorated in the era; entertainment of the era as well. Seating limited to 200.
Address: Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum , Florence, Alabama
|26 - 27||
Alabama Renaissance Faire
- Florence, the Renaissance City, recreates the atmosphere of an authentic medieval Renaissance Faire. The faire includes authentic costumes, magicians, knights on horseback, sword fighting, unique arts and crafts and food concessions. This is a great event for the entire family and everyone is welcome to come dressed in true Renaissance attire. Fourth weekend in October.
Address: Wilson Park , Florence, Alabama
Shoals Piecemakers Quilt Guild Quilt Challenge
- Exhibit of innovative quilts of various sizes using new challenge rules each year, including subject matter, size and material requirements. Mon - Fri, 9am-4pm. 30 days Nov.-Dec.
Address: Kennedy-Douglass Center for the Arts, 217 E. Tuscaloosa St , Florence, Alabama
W. C. Handy Birthday Celebration
- W.C. Handy Home & Museum—A birthday bash for the "Father of the Blues." Birthday cake and great entertainment for all to enjoy. 11am - 1pm.
Address: W.C. Handy Museum, College St , Florence, Alabama