LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Belva's Real Estate Florence Visitors Center

Florence Historic District


category : Historic Districts
Florence Historic District As the fifth oldest town in the state of Arizona, downtown Florence has been designated an official "Historic District" with more building listed on the National Register than any other town in Arizona. Some of the notable historic sites are the first and second county courthouses, both completely different in architectural style. The first courthouse was built in 1877 and is open to the public as McFarland State Park. The second was built in 1891 of American Victorian architecture and is still used today. The fully restored Brunenkant Building, built in 1889, serves today as the Florence Visitors Center operated by the Florence Chamber of Commerce.

A self-guided brochure with descriptive paragraphs to fifteen historic buildings is available at the Chamber office inviting you to tour Historic Florence. Public Restrooms, Food venues, and Parking are provided and marked on the brochure map.


Address: 291 Bailey Street
Phone: 800-437-9433
Our Email: info@florenceaz.org

Come visit us in Florence, Arizona

Attractions and Upcoming Events

McFarland State Park

This adobe structure is the first Pinal County Courthouse built in 1877. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Florence, AZ Historic Courthouses


Pinal County Courthouse

Built in 1891, the second Pinal County Courthouse is the oldest public building in daily use in Arizona. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Florence, AZ Historic Courthouses

Florence Woman's Club

The Florence Woman's Club grew from the original Florence Village Improvement Club, organized in 1897 to improve and beautify the town of Florence. Members paid 25 cents a year to Mrs. T.F Weedin to keep the club's rake under her porch.

Florence, AZ Historic Buildings

Historic Coke Ovens in Box Canyon

The Historic Coke Ovens, otherwise known as charcoal kilns, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, were built in 1882 along the Gila River by the Pinal Consolidated Mining Company, and are so inaccessible that their preservation is easily understood.

Florence, AZ Historic Sites

Things to do Historic Districts near Florence, AZ