LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Fort Gibson Historic Site Walking Tour


category : Tours
Fort Gibson Historic Site Walking Tour 1... Stockade
2... Caretaker's Cabin
3... Library
4... Mess House
5... Kitchen
6... Bakery
7... Married Officer's Quarters
8... C.O.'s Quarters
9... Cabin
10.. Well
11.. Sutler Store
12.. Sutler's Quarters
13.. Boundary Marker
14.. Civil War Earth Works
15.. Quartermaster Warehouse
16.. Warehouse
17.. Adjutants Office
18.. Blacksmith Shop
19.. Monument
20.. Officer's Quarters
21.. C.O.'s Quarters
22.. Officer's Quarters
23.. Barracks
24.. Well
25.. Guard House
26.. Chapel
27.. Hospital
28.. Bakery
29.. Well
30.. Powder Magazine
31.. Commissary (Visitor Center)
32.. Sinks
33.. Boundary Marker


Address: 907 North Garrison
Fort Gibson, OK 74434
Phone: 918-478-4088
Fax: 918-478-4089
Our Email: fortgibson@ok-history.mus.ok.us

Come visit us in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

River Park

River Park provides a boat ramp to the McClellan-Kerr Navigation Channel, campsites, picnic tables, and is the southern trail head of the Jean Peirre Chouteau National Hiking Trail.

Fort Gibson, OK RV Parks

Fort Gibson Dam

Surrounded by high bluffs, with the expansive lake on one side and rushing river on the other, the massive structure of Fort Gibson Dam is impressive. Observation areas provide excellent views. The dam is located on the Grand (or Neosho)

Fort Gibson, OK Landmarks

Fort Gibson National Cemetery

The only National Cemetery in Oklahoma. Established in 1868, this cemetery contains graves of veterans from every war since 1812.

Fort Gibson, OK Cemeteries

Cherokee National Cemetery

The Cherokee National Cemetery is a National Historic Landmark maintained by the Cherokee Nation from before the Civil War until its transfer to the town of Fort Gibson in 1906. William P. Ross and other officials and dignitaries are buried in this cemetery.

Fort Gibson, OK Cemeteries

First Presbyterian Church and Fort Gibson Bell

The bell located adjacent to the First Presbyterian Church was orginally used in the church at Fort Gibson when it was acquired in 1832.

Fort Gibson, OK Historic Churches

Things to do Tours near Fort Gibson, OK