The Fort Harker Museum is located in Kanopolis Ks.
First Established as Fort Ellsworth in 1864 at the juncture of the Smokey Hill River and the Fort Riley/Fort Larned Road on the Smokey Hill Trail, the post was moved from its site by the river and renamed Fort Harker in 1866. The Fort was closed in 1873.
The Ellsworth County Historical society cares for and preserves three original fort buildings which are open to the public.
The Commanding Officers Quarters, the recently restored Jr. Officers Quarters and the Guard House.
The museum complex also houses the 1905 Kanopolis Union Pacific Depot.
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come visit us in Ellsworth, Kansas