The original portion of the Museum structure, in the Italiante Revival style, was built by Fremont's first mayor, Theron Nye. The Museum is an elegant, two-story brick residence originally constructed in 1874
Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of the Downtown District. The Fremont Historic Commercial District consists of an enclave of late nineteenth and early twentieth-century buildings that represent Fremont'
The large two-story frame house, located in Fremont, exemplifies a transitional product of Queen Anne and
Neo-Classical Revival styles. Businessman R. B. Schneider, founder of the Nye, Schneider, Fowler Company,
grain dealers, built the house in 1887
The original building was constructed in 1884 by Charles Osterman and George Tremaine, wholesale produce
dealers in Fremont. The Ideal Steam Laundry, Johnson and Company, proprietors, moved into the building in
1894 and doubled the size of the structure in 1911