The bronze statue on the courthouse lawn was unveiled in September 1978 and dedicated at the July 4, 1979 celebration of Garden City's Centennial. Highlights of Jones' life are inscribed on the base o... C.J. "Buffalo" Jones Statue
The first courthouse in Finney County was built in October, 1885, at this location. The county soon outgrew the small building and in 1902 was moved to a larger building at 113 South Main Street until the present courthouse was built in 1929.
The Finnup Center for Conservation Education is a state-of-the-art facility which helps the zoo fulfill its primary mission of education. The beautifully crafted center is named for its benefactor, the Finnup family, long time supporters of the zoo and Finnup Park.
Completed in the spring of 199