Upcoming Events in Gardner Kansas
Kansas Heritage Trade Show
- Buy, sell, trade reenactment period (1800s) goods: clothing, tack, Civil War, plainsmen, cowboy and trapper. Entertainment, food.
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Address: Indoors at the old 4-H Building, Johnson County Fairgrounds, 136 E. Washington , Gardner, Kansas
|7 - 8||Festival on the Trails and Art Fair - The community of Gardner, Kansas, will celebrate Festival on the Trails, a celebration of Gardner's rich history. The festival is a one-day event with beautiful art, fantastic music, car show, great food and lots of fun for the whole family.|
|21 - 22||Kansas City Area Vintage Fly-in - Come enjoy the lush grass runways of Gardner Airport. Relax among the Biplanes and Warbirds and Golden-age Classics. Revel in the sound of the round engines and whine of the wind in the wires. Friday night pot luck dinner and R/C airplane demos for early arrivals. Saturday, free breakfast for registered pilots, lunch served on the field, and be sure to stay for the famous Saturday night Shrimp Boil! Flying events such as spot landing contest, estimated takeoff and bean bag drop Saturday afternoon. The Gardner Fly-in boasts the largest Fly-Market in the area. Contact us for an information packet to bring your surplus parts and aviation gear to sell. Movies Saturday night in the Bijou on the field. Camping permitted on the field, or lodging is available in Gardner at the Super 8 or other motels in nearby Olathe. Free transportation is available into town and to nearby lodging. Plan to spend the whole day, this ain't your one-hour "kick the tires and light the fires" Fly-in! *Every year on the 4th weekend in June.|
|29 - 3||
Johnson County Fair
- First full week in August - Starting Monday with Open Youth Rodeo. Following nights include, Mutton bustin', Calf Scramble, Greased Pig race, Cow milking contest, stick horse race, pedal pull, egg gathering, draft horse team pulling contest, bull blast, barrel racing, amateur flat track racing, parade on Saturday, and Demolition Derby. Horse shows, rabbit shows, dog shows, animal shows, midway entertainment, and carnival.
Address: Johnson County Fairgrounds, 136 E. Washington , Gardner, Kansas
VFW - PTSD Benefit
- VFW Post 10552 is hosting a golf tournament to benefit our returning troops suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Currently, veterans with PTSD are able to come to the VFW Post at 8804 Grant St. in Overland Park any or every Tuesday at 7:00 pm where they have access to counselors and can receive assistance with VA claims. We want to offer more services to our returning veterans and need golfers and hole sponsors to make our tournament and goal a success. The tournament is taking place on Aug 8, 2015 at the Gardner Golf Course in Gardner, KS. Individual golfers can play for $70, and if a foursome signs up, each player only pays $65. The tournament starts at 7:30 am with an awards dinner to follow at the Post in Overland Park. Raffles, contests, and prizes should make it a great experience for all with the goal of helping our veterans. Questions can be texted to Syndi at 913-235-9387 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Gardner Golf Course, 15810 S Gardner Road , Gardner, Kansas
|29 - 31||
Historic Gardner Cemetery Walk
- Gardner's history comes alive during the Annual Historic Gardner Cemetery Walk. Visit the graves of some of Gardner's founders, and listen to reenactors tell of what life was like during Gardner's early years. 7:00, 7:30 & 8:00.
Address: Tickets at Gardner Museum, 204 W. Main , Gardner, Kansas
Halloween Boo Bash
- This free event is for ages 12 and under. Ghastly games, spooktacular activities, tons of candy, door prizes and the not-so-haunted haunted house. Beginning at 7 p.m. and ending at 9 p.m.
Address: Green Building, Johnson County Fairgrounds. , Gardner, Kansas
- Dear Crafters and Venders: I’m excited to announce The Holiday Mart Annual Craft & Gift Sale returns this year! The Johnson County 4-H Livestock Club will host this popular event at the Johnson County Fairgrounds in Gardner, Kansas. Booths will be located in the 4-H Green Building, with plenty of nearby parking.
For your convenience, we will open the building from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday evening, so you may set up your booths the night before. Saturday morning Dec. 3, the building will open at 6 a.m. so you can be set up and be prepared to sell by the opening time of 9 am. This event will be supported by pre-Mart promotion, as well as these traffic drivers:
• Concessions will be available throughout the day in this building.
• We will also raffle eight theme-decorated Christmas trees between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Chances for the trees are a $1 donation per ticket or 6 tickets for $5.
• Santa will visit
• Additional entertainment will be provided throughout the day.
We look forward to a wonderful day! If we can help in any way, let us know. If for some reason you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible – I anticipate our space selling out quickly, and we will have a waiting list of people wishing to attend. Please plan to stay set up until 4 p.m.
The JCLC 4-H Holiday Mart Committee
Denise King-Community Leader
Address: 136 E. Washington Gardner Kansas , Gardner, Kansas