This scene shows the Pawnee Indian Village which was located one mile south of Genoa, Nebraska from 1858 to 1878, with their great Chief Petalesharo in the foreground. It is a picture of a large mural, 9' x 38'
Founded in 1884, the U.S. Indian Industrial School was located on 320 acres in the town of Genoa. Opening
with only one building, the school grew to include thirty-nine structures on 640 acres and a maximum student population of