LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Harris House


category : Famous Homes
Harris House Built in 1888 by Peter Brandt, the Victorian style house was donated to the Anderson County Historical Society by the Dr. C. B. Harris family. Refurbished in 1986, the house can be seen by appointment.


Hours: By Appointment
Address: 405 W. 4th
Phone: 785-448-5881

Come visit us in Garnett, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lake Garnett

Constructed by Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930's, Lake Garnett has a surface area of over 55 acres. The lake provides camping facilities, electric and water hookups, and a sanitary dump station. Camping, permits are required and game fish are stocked in Garnett'

Garnett, KS Recreation

Prairie Spirit Trail

Prairie Spirit TrailThe Prairie Spirit Trail offers biking and hiking enthusiasts, runners, bird watchers and nature lovers a new Kansas outdoor adventure. From Ottawa to Iola, the Prairie Spirit Trail encompasses 50 miles of trail.

Garnett, KS Trails

Anderson County Historical Society Museum

The Anderson County Historical Society acquired the Longfellow School building in 1993 which was originally built in 1885. When a fire destroyed the school in 1924

Garnett, KS Museums


Santa Fe Depot

tThe Santa Fe Depot was renovated in 1996 and serves as a tourist information center and resting place for The Spirit Trail users. The are picnic facilities, restrooms, concession area (vending machines), and trail lounge.

Garnett, KS Railroad History

Things to do Famous Homes near Garnett, KS

Florence Miller House

Built in 1899 and listed on the Historic Register....