Upcoming Events in Harrison Arkansas
|20 - 23||
Hospice Antique Week and Appraisal Fair
- Wednesday activities TBA. Thursday "Behind the Scenes of the Antique Road Show" and Lyric Theater followed by dessert buffet. Friday dinner and auction. Saturday appraisal fair. Proceeds benefit Hospice of the Hills.
Ph: (870) 743-9838 (Always call and confirm events)
|6 - 7||
North Arkansas Kennel Club AKC Dog Show
- This event attracts many breeds from all over the country. One of the largest Dog Shows in the area!
The Country Comedy Tour
- THE COUNTRY COMEDY TOUR
Live on Stage
Saturday, May 22, 2010
The Lyric Theater
113 West Rush
Harrison, AR 72601
Doors Open: 6:30
Show Time: 7:30
Tickets: $10 for OAC members / $12 for non-members.
Tickets available now online, or by phone.
For more information, please call The Ozark Arts Council at 870-391-3504.
The Country Comedy Tour is an all-clean, family friendly comedy show suitable for all age groups. The high-energy and interactive show draws the crowd in and makes them a part of the action. Their television credits include 7 appearances on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, CMT, Fox, and MTV. The Country Comedy Tour consists of comedians MG Gaskin and Matt Mitchell, aka "Casio Kid."
MG Gaskin grew up in the small town of Cheraw, South Carolina, a town that is cliché rural America. His mother was an owner/operator of a Western Auto parts store, his father a Baptist minister - and MG just spent most of his childhood in trouble. Noticing how well he could keep the attention of adults while telling stories about his adventures, his mother told him he would either become a preacher or a politician. Now MG is thriving as a comedian, with performance credits including CMT, the New Orleans Comedy Festival Comedy Town Project, headlining the current Country Comedy Tour, and has shared the stage with such names as Gary Valentine from "King of Queens" and comedian/actor Sinbad.
MG's medley of original observations and clever self-criticism is delivered with his own brand of southern flavor. He has the ability to think on his feet and is highly intuitive about audiences. He can quickly read a room and customize each show for a crowd - rearranging and adding topics from growing up in the country, to precarious dating situations, to surviving as a 40-year-old bachelor. No two shows are alike, but one thing remains constant: MG's comedy is always a sure thing.
Matt Mitchell describes himself as "a pure southern mash boogie comedian from Alabama with bare feet, mushmouthed drawling as a mile-wide social streak." He doesn't know what that means, but he saw it on a Lynard Skynard bio and thought it sounded cool. Matt got his start as the Casio Kid on the nationally syndicated Rick and Bubba Show. After entertaining the nation as an on-air correspondent for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, he continued his rapid rise from small-town class clown to nationwide fame. After many music video, game show and television commercial appearances, he hit the road as a stand-up comic. His comedy runs a wide spectrum and is a hit with all audiences. From life as a small town boy to his experiences in the bright lights of the big city and all the awkward situations in between, Matt Mitchell keeps audiences engaged with his likable personality, quick wit, and oh-so-charming chubbiness.
Address: The Lyric Theater, 113 West Rush, Harrison AR 72601 , Harrison, Arkansas
|18 - 19||Crawdad Day - Food, crafts, music and fun, kids games, cardboard boat race, 5K run, 3-on-3 basketball, volleyball, tennis tournament, fishing derby, horseshoes, big crawfish boil. Each year the third weekend of May.|
TOP 25 Car & Bike Show at Christmas in July
- Food, music, games for the whole family.
Dash plaques and goody bags for all registrants.
Award plaques for TOP 25 across 5 classes.
Proceeds benefit the PACK. www.Facebook.com/boonecountychristmaspackparty
Boone County Senior Activity & Wellness Center Annual Car/Bike Show
- Fundraiser to help support our Meals on Wheels program and help provide meals and wellness activities at the Senior Center. Registration is 9am - 12pm Awards presented at 1pm. Trophies awarded for Best Overall, 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Best Stock, Truck, Antique, Motorcycle, Off Road and Modified. Goodie Bags, T-Shirts and Dash Plaques for the first 50 registrants. BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Meal for only $6.00. Pre Register by July 15 for $5.00 discount.
Address: 1516 Rock Springs Road , Harrison, Arkansas
|8 - 10||
Northwest Arkansas Bluegrass Festival
- The oldest 3-day bluegrass festival in Arkansas. Bluegrass, gospel, jam sessions, stage performances, and food vendors. Camping facilities available. Motel nearby. No alcohol permitted.
Address: Beacon Park, 6238 Sand Flat Rd. , Harrison, Arkansas
|28 - 29||
Harvest Homecoming and Hotrod Car Show
- The Harvest Homecoming is an Annual Event that features Music, Handmade Crafts, Farmers Market, Foods and Activities of all kinds. Some activities include an Outhouse Race, Beauty Pageant, Local Musicians, Arts and Crafts, Drive In Movie, Hot Rod Car Show, Poker Run, Discount Coupons to Downtown Merchants, Drawing for Gift Baskets and Contest for the Best Store Window!! Everything will be decorated in a Fall Frenzy. Lots of fun for the whole family!
Address: Downtown Harrison Square , Harrison, Arkansas