Located in the Northeast corner of Horton, Mission Lake is easily accessible from either US-73 or from Highway K-20/US-73. It has 278 acres of camping grounds with over 100 RV spaces that include indi... Mission Lake
The original "Newman" Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated January 6, 1889, honoring Bishop Newman. The brick structure located at the corner of 10th and First Avenue East was the first Church built in Horton. A severe storm damaged the church in 1894. Extensive remodeling was done in 1914-15
The cornerstone for the present church was laid August 4, 1915 and the structure was dedicated May 15, 1916 by the Most Reverend Bishop Ward of Leavenworth in the presence of 25 priests, Abbot Innocent Wolf, O.S.B. of Atchison and a vast congregation.
The Sanctuary of St. Leo'
The Horton Post Office was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. The two murals on the Walls, "Picnic in Kansas" and "Changing of Horses for the Pony Express" were painted by Colorado artist, Kenneth Evett in 1938 and 1939