The Early Dwelling House in Hugoton was built in 1886-1887 by B.E. Stehlt. Stehle was the first druggist in Hugoton, Kansas.
The house is currenty furnished as it would have been for a family in 1885, and is located in the Museum Complex.
The Stevens County Gas & Historical Museum was dedicated on May 16, 1961. It was established as a memento of the Hugoton Gas Field and the progressive development of Stevens County.
Currently, the gas well, drilled in 1945,is still producing. The 1945