Tour the 1839 college, seminary prep school with chapel, dorms, library, head school master, study and exhibits and video presentation.
Named Jubilee College by its founder, Episcopal Bishop Philander Chase in 1839, in expression of his thankfulness and joy, the college was one of the earliest educational enterprises in Illinois. Through a series of misfortunes climaxed by the Bishop's death, the college closed in 1862. In 1933 the college and grounds, consisting of 93 acres, were presented to the state of Illinois. Since that time the Department of Natural Resources increased the acreage to 3,200. The college building, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972, has been restored to its original appearance and is under the management of the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency.
Admission: Donation: Adults: $2.00. Children: $1.00. Events per car load: 5.00. Per bus load: 10.00
Hours: March-May: W-Su: 9am-5pm. Nov-Feb: W-Su: 9am-4pm. Mem Day-Labor Day: 7 days a week. Closed major holidays.
Address: 11817 Jubilee College Rd.
Our Email: email@example.com
Wheelchair Accessible Facility
Come visit us in Brimfield, Illinois