category : Camping
Perry Lake offers many opportunities for campers. Five campgrounds are conveniently located around the lake. The Corps of Engineers maintains Rock Creek
, Slough Creek
, and Old Town
. In addition, the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks maintains Perry State Park
. User fees are charged for camping in all of the parks. The amount of the fee is based upon the type of facilities provided. Holders of Golden Age and Golden Access Passports receive a fifty-percent discount on the camping fees in all Corps parks. Reservations may be made at www.ReserveUsa.com.
Rock Creek Park
- Campsite fees are $18.00 for 50-amp electrical/water sites, $17.00 for electric/water sites, $16.00 for electric only sites and $12.00 for non-electric sites from May 1 through September 30. The 568 acre park is located on the west side of the lake. Facilities include: 108 designated campsites (51 with electrical and water), boat ramp, dump station, reservable group shelter house, shower/latrine, courtesy dock, fish cleaning stations and playground.
Slough Creek Park
- Campsite fees are $18.00 for 50-amp electrical/water sites, $17.00 for electric/water sites, $16.00 for electric only sites and $12.00 for non-electric sites from April 16 through October 15. The 833 acre park is located on the east side of the lake and facilities include: 271 campsites (41 with electricity and 78 with electricity and water), a boat ramp, 2 dump stations, 2 reservable group camp areas, 3 shower houses, courtesy docks, fish cleaning stations, picnic area, and playgrounds. The park also includes the 2� mile Thunder Ridge educational trail as well as access to the Perry Lake Trail. Remember to claim your prize at the gate booth for completing the Thunder Ridge Trail!
- Fees include $16.00 electric and $12.00 non-electric from May 1 through September 30. The 316 acre park is located on the east side of the lake and facilities include: 45 reservable campsites (26 electric sites), boat ramp, dump station, reservable group shelter house, shower houses, courtesy dock, hiking trails, and picnic area.
Old Town Park
- Fees include $16.00 electric and $12.00 non-electric from May 1 to September 30. The 113 acre park is located on the east side of the lake by Kansas State Highway 92 and facilities include: 75 campsites (33 electrical sites), boat ramp, dump station, reservable group shelter house, shower houses, courtesy dock, picnic area.
Perry State Park
- (Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks) Camping permits available include daily permits, fourteen day permits, and annual permits. Perry State Park's 1597 acres are located on the west-side of the lake on the Rock Creek Arm. The park offers 124 sites with water and electricity and 350 tent camping sites. Facilities available include a swimming beach bathhouse, equestrian trail, and mountain bike trail.
Group Camp Areas
Longview Park Group Camp Area
- Fees include $30.00 per night from May 1 to September 30. The area is located within the Longview Park Campground and includes access to the shower house.
Slough Creek Group Camp Areas
- Fees include $30.00 per night from April 16 through October 15. The area is located within Slough Creek Park. A shower house is conveniently located between the East and West Group Camp areas.
Two designated swim beaches are located at Perry Lake. The Corps of Engineers maintains the Perry Park Swim Beach, adjacent to Perry Yacht and Marina. Perry State Park maintains a swimming beach within their camping area. Both beach areas are delineated with buoys to exclude watercraft. The beach areas also have parking, waterborne facilities, picnic areas and volleyball sand courts for beach users.
Day use fees are charged at the Perry Park (Corps of Engineers) swimming beach. The fee for swimming is $1 per person for those 12 and older, not to exceed $4 per vehicle. An annual non-transferable pass may be purchased at the Perry Project Office or park attendant booths. This $30.00 annual pass is good at all Corps managed parks nation wide.
Admission: Park Permit Required
Address: 4 miles north of Highway 237
Our Email: PerrySP@wp.state.ks.us
Corps of Engineers contact:
Come visit us in , Kansas