Marker Cottonwood - This giant cottonwood tree, believed to be more than 200 years old, served as a marker to guide travelers to the upper crossing of the Arkansas River.
Upper and Lower Crossings of The Little Arkansas River
The historic Rice County Courthouse built of red brick and featuring a four directional clock tower was built in 1910
This cross was erected in 1950 by the Kansas Knights of Columbus to honor Father Juan Padilla who accompanied Coronado to Kansas in 1541. He returned in 1542
Proudly displayed on the Northeast corner of the Lyons Town Square stands the Memorial erected in 1918 to commenorate the service of our Union Soldiers - "Lest We Forget".
The Star-Vue Drive-In Theater is one of Kansas' few remaining outdoor big screens.
Ruts left by wagon trains can be found along Ash Creek, a tributary that feeds the Arkansas River. Ask at the Farmer's Co-op ...