LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Memorial Library


category : Historic Buildings
Memorial Library The Nora E. Larabee Memorial Library is a memorial to the only daughter of two of the town's leading citizens. The building is built of red brick, and has beautiful beveled glass windows, gargoyle rain spouts, 20-ft ornate tin ceilings, and a gorgeous stained glass window containing a portrait of Nora Larabee. This is one of the most beautiful libraries in the state and certainly the most beautiful building in the city of Stafford.

The library also houses the Helmer Computer Learning Center which provides computers for public use.



Hours: Monday thru Saturday, 2 - 6 PM; Evenings, Tues - Thurs, 7 - 9 PM; Weds. morning, 10 - Noon.
Address: 108 N. Union
Phone: 620-234-5762
Our Email: dako@southwind.net

Come visit us in Stafford, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Stafford County Historical Museum

This 21-room museum depicts the Stafford County's history through artifacts dating from the 1800's to the present. A wealth of regional data is maintained in the genealogical libray.

Stafford, KS Museums

Memorial Library

The Nora E. Larabee Memorial Library is a memorial to the only daughter of two of the town's leading citizens. The building is built of red brick, and has beautiful beveled glass windows, gargoyle rain spouts, 20

Stafford, KS Historic Buildings

Henderson House

A touch of aristocratic charm combined with friendly hospitality, this 1905 "doll house," which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Stafford, KS Historic Homes

Stafford County Country Club

Stafford County Country Club is a 9 hole golf course with grass greens. It's open to the public; pay when you play. For groups it'

Stafford, KS Golf Courses

Things to do Historic Buildings near Stafford, KS

Fred Harvey Building

The historical Fred Harvey Building once housed a food processing plant for the Harvey House and dining cars. The building wa...

Axtell Hospital

Axtell hospital was founded in 1887 by Dr. John T. Axtell and his wife, Lucena. The original wood frame hospital was graduall...

Old Mill Plaza

The Old Mill Plaza was built in 1879 by Monarch Steam Mills. It was purchased in 1886 by Bernhard Warkentin, who needed the m...

Anderson Book & Office Supply

Anderson Book and Office Supply was established in 1892 in a vacant lot at 420 N. Main. Phillip Murray Anderson opened a maga...