Built in 1901 for a total of $38,310. of 8" pitchfaced native limestone, of Richardsonian Romanesque design.
The Seth Thomas four-faced clock in the courthouse tower was installed in 1904 and paid for by donations. Originally run by hand, the clock was electrified in 1950. Of the 25 rooms on 3 levels, the original stone floor tiles, decorative metal ceilings and early embossed wall covering may be seen in the halls. Ornate fireplaces are still visible in several offices. The castle-like building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Come visit us in Beloit, Kansas