Morganton, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Morganton North Carolina
|4 - 5||
Spring Great Outdoors Expo
- The Great Outdoors Expo, sponsored by the Morganton Parks and Recreation Department, will showcase a multitude of products and services for lawn and garden care, including landscape and design, outdoor recreation, deck and patio, pools, lawn furniture, and garden equipment.
Sat. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sun. Noon to 4 p.m.
Address: Collett Street Recreation Center, 300 Collett St. , Morganton, North Carolina
|30 - 3||
Red White and Bluegrass Festival
- The City of Morganton Parks & Recreation Department proudly presents the Annual Red White and Bluegrass Festival. The festival includes a Bluegrass Camp for kids, bluegrass music, tent sales, food and drink sales, Martha White Bluegrass Bus Museum, old time activities & July 4th fireworks display. Special Guest Emcee Cindy Baucom of Kneepdeep in Bluegrass. Broadcasting on site by Sirius Satelite Radio. Always July 1 thru 4.
Address: July 1-3 @ Catawba River Soccer Complex; July 4 @ 300 Collett St , Morganton, North Carolina
Skinny Santa Art & Craft Sale
- The Skinny Santa Art & Craft Sale will benefit The Meeting Place Mission. The sale will offer holiday gifts on a budget, no item for sale is to be prices over $50.00, a.k.a. "Skinny Santa".
The Meeting Place Mission provides assistance to all that come to our doors. The homeless are helped on a first come, first served basis because unfortunately space is limited. By providing much needed funds you allow more people the opportunity to end their homelessness. 8am – 4pm.
Ph: 828-438-5350 (Always call and confirm events)
|23 - 24||Annual Revolutionary Weekend - On Saturday, the Old Burke County Courthouse and historic McDowell House at Quaker Meadows will come to life with period crafts, music, children's craft centers, a play about Burke County's roll in the American Revolution and special exhibits in the McDowell House. Sunday will start with a Colonial worship service and in the afternoon will celebrate the arrival of the Overmountain Men and their 1780 march to the Battle of Kings Mountain. Members of the Overmountain Victory Trail Association will muster at Quaker Meadows and will tell the story of the Overmountain Men.|
Annual October Oyster Outing
- All the oysters and shrimp you can eat for one price, plus music and more.
Exit 105 Morganton coming from I-40 follow downtown signs
Address: Old Court House Square, 115 E. Meeting St , Morganton, North Carolina
|14 - 15||
Smoky Mountain Cage Bird Show
- A pet bird fair and sale. Sales of all types of birds, cages, feed, toys, etc.
$100 Door Prize to be given away Sunday at 2:00 pm. You do not have to be present to win.
$2 admission at the door (Children under 12 and seniors over 65 get in free.)
Address: Collett Street Recreation Center, 300 Collett , Morganton, North Carolina
Flavors of the Foothills
- Save the date for the annual Flavors of the Foothills Fall Harvest Benefit from 5:30-9:00 p.m.
The event, which benefits Foothills Conservancy of North Carolina, will be held at The Community House, 120 N King St, Morganton, NC 28655. It will feature silent and live auctions.
Tickets for the event:
$50 – individual
$100 – couple
$500 – reserved gold table (seats six people)
Address: The Community House, 120 N King St , Morganton, North Carolina