From its establishment in 1887 by the Freedmen's Mission Board of the United Presbyterian Church through the beginnings of school integration in 1970, the Henderson Institute was the only secondary school open to African Americans in Vance County. This building is all that remains of an educational complex that once anchored the surrounding African Americanneighborhood. The museum has preserved recordings of theschools and offers permanent exhibits. Open to the public by appointment. Only minutes from the Historic District of Henderson's downtown area. 252-438-7392.
Corner of Beckford Dr. & W. Rockspring
Henderson, NC 27536
Come visit us in Henderson, North Carolina