LASR.net Homepage




Menu

National Orphan Train Complex


category : Museums
National Orphan Train Complex Between 1854 and 1929 over 250,000 orphaned, abandoned, and homeless children were relocated from New York and 'placed out' all across the US. The Orphan Train Movement is one of the largest social reform relocation efforts in our nation's history and the beginning of documented foster care in America. It is believed that one in every 25 Americans is somehow connected to an Orphan Train Rider.

The Museum and Research Center are dedicated to the preservation of the stories and artifacts of those who were part of the Orphan Train Movement. A visit to this museum will amaze and touch your heart like no other.



Admission: $5 adults, $3 seniors and children under 12, group rates available
Hours: Tues - Fri 10am - 12pm & 1 - 4pm and Sat 10-4
Address: 300 Washington St.
Phone: 785-243-4471
Our Email: info@orphantraindepot.org
Our Website:www.orphantraindepot.com

Come visit us in Concordia, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Cloud County Historical Museum

The Museum preserves and exhibits objects and documents of historical items representing early-day Kansas. It is housed in the former 1908

Concordia, KS Museums

Camp Concordia

From 1943 to 1945 during WWII over 4,000 Germans were held in an internment camp where they experienced a type of freedom they had never known at home. Located on 157.5 acres, Camp Concordia consisted of 308 buildings. Today, a guard tower, guard post building, water tower base and building T-9

Concordia, KS Military History

The Brown Grand Theater

The historic Brown Grand Theatre is located at the west end of downtown Concordia. Listed on the National Historic Register, the French Renaissance theater was built by Col. Napoleon Bonaparte Brown in 1906-07. The 650

Concordia, KS Historic Theatres

Harris Building

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally build as a bank, until recently it housed the offices of the Harris's playground equipment company. It has recently been purchased by Dr. Wentz who is in the process of preserving this beautiful building.

Concordia, KS Historic Buildings

Nazareth Motherhouse

Known as the beacon light of Concordia, the well-known rose window looks over the community from the convent. It is the official Motherhouse and Home for the 260 Sisters of St. Joseph of Concordia. It was built in 1903 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Sites

Concordia, KS Historic Churches

Things to do Museums near Concordia, KS

Delphos Museum

At the present time the Delphos Museum is in the early stage of development. The present building located on the southwest ...

Wohlfort Mansion

The 3-story mansion was built in the early 1890s by Thure Wohlfort, one of the original colonists of New Scandinavia (Scandia...