The 43 acre park contains a 4 acre pond stocked with channel catfish, crappie, largemouth bass and sunfish. Park facilities include an enclosed shelter house (available by reservation) which contains a kitchenette, restrooms, fireplace and a large meeting room for 100
The Harvey County historical Museum and Libraryi is housed in a former Carnegie Library that served Newton and Harvey County residents until 1973. Completed in 1904, the library was built by a gift from Andrew Carnegie and is the oldest public building in town.
* Harvey County Hall:
The Newton Station, completed in 1930, was built during the Depression for 350,000. Modeled after Shakespeare's house at Stratford-on-Avon, the Newton Station was home to a Harvey House between 1930 and 1955
The historic Warkentin House is the former home of Bernhard and Wilhelmina Warkentin, built in 1887. It is a splendid example of the Victorian period in American architecture and furnishings. As a museum, the house offers a glimpse into the way the Warkentins lived, since 80