Built in 1884, this one story church with board and batten siding is the only surviving Episcopal mission in the county. Services are still conducted with a beautifully wood finished interior. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 1846 Newell Knight, his family, and a company of
Mormons left Nauvoo, Illinois to search out a home in the
Rocky Mountains. Due to hardships, the group could not
go on and they built a fort of log cabins by the Niobrara