Education was a top priority during the growth of Dodge, starting in a brick schoolhouse built in 1887. An addition was needed in 1889. According to a 1891
report, District 46 had 143 students and four teachers. St.Wenceslaus Catholics opened a parochial school in 1911 with five Notre Dame sisters and 120
pupils, 28 of whom boarded in a dormitory. Dodge was the first parish in Nebraska to be served by these Sisters from Czechoslovakia.
In 1912, the present three-story brick school was built. In 1950, St. Joseph's, the German Catholic Church, and St. Wenceslaus, voted to merge parishes and build an addition to St. Wenceslaus School. Father Oborny, pastor since 1937, was general contractor and planned the building with no blueprints. The two story addition was opened September 1951 with 99 per cent of the labor done by parishioners.. Several rural districts
joined the Dodge school system in 1959. An addition,
approved in 1968, provided for a new elementary and a
shop. In 1971 a gymnasium was built.
Come visit us in Dodge, Nebraska