North Richland Hills, Texas
Pioneer W.S. Peters brought the first settlers to North Richland Hills as part of a land grant in 1848. Dairy farms flourished here prior to World War II. This city was established in 1953 when the North Richland Hills Civic League was denied annexation to neighboring Richland Hills. As with most towns in the Metroplex, the city has grown in recent years, making it the third largest in Tarrant County. North Richland Hills is home of Tarrant County Jr. College Northeast Campus.
Iron Horse Golf Course is a challenging 18-hole municipal course designed by Dick Phelps that traverses through hardwood forest, meandering creeks, and under a railroad trestle, and features a train depot-styled clubhouse.