LASR.net Homepage



Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Old City Hall

The building was constructed for the use as the City Hall in 1912 by the City Administration. All city offices were located there, including the 2-horse Fire Department. Its upper floor was an auditorium, seating 1200. Through the 1930

Hobart, OK Historic Buildings

Kiowa County Museum

The Kiowa County Museum occupies the historic Rock Island Depot listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1909 and used until the 1970s. The Kiowa County Historical Society acquired the site in 1987

Hobart, OK Museums

Kiowa County Courthouse

The Kiowa County Courthouse and Square is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was designed by J. Riley Gordon and constructed in 1902

Hobart, OK Historic Courthouses

Carnegie Public Library

The Carnegie Public Library was established and built in 1912 with the donation of City lots by an individual and a Carnegie Foundation grant of $10,000. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and in 1987

Hobart, OK Carnegie Libraries

War Memorials

Proudly placed on the front lawn of the Kiowa County Courthouse are two statues of a "Doughboy" and a sailor. Originally cast in 1929, these military figures had once stood as a war memorial on State Highway 9. In February of 1969, Hobart resident, Vernard Holbrook, "found"

Hobart, OK Memorials

Things to do near Hobart, OK