Edmonds Chapel stood 4 1/2 miles north of McLouth, Kansas, for more than 75 years. Edmonds Church was an affiliate of
the United Brethren in Christ (UB), though people from many denominations worship... Edmonds Chapel
The school was built in 1887 on the homestead of Harrison W. Wellman, in the southeast part of Jefferson County. It is typical of the many one-room country schools that were located every few miles within the county and throughout the country. School Ditrict #70 was formed in 1871
Originally a country schoolhouse located southeast of Oskaloosa, the Tibbot school was moved to Oskaloosa in the 1950's and became part of the grade school, along with the Lone Tree, Kilgour and Plum Grove country schools. The building was moved to Old Jefferson Town in 1975.
Old Jefferson Town is a collection of nine restored and furnished vintage buildings from different locations around Jefferson County. They are preserved as a historic town of early day settlements. The town was named because of Jefferson County being referred to as Ol' Jefferson.