LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Pawhuska, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Constantine Community Center

The theater was originally built as the Pawhuska House Hotel in the 1880's. In 1911, Mr. C.C. Constantine purchased the building and remodeled it into the elegant Constantine Theater. In 1987, a group of concerned citizens began a long, tedious renovation. It is now over 90%

Pawhuska, OK Historic Theatres

Blacksmith House

Built in 1871, this 5 room house with native timbers and 18" thick sandstone walls was the first to be built in Pawhuska. When the Osage were moved from Kansas, Sid Delarue, a Swiss blacksmith, was promised the house if he would come to care for their horses. Listed on the

Pawhuska, OK Pioneer History

Downtown National Historic Register District

The historic district in Pawhuska is comprised of 98 buildings, 86 of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These two and three-story brick structures, along with a five-story triangle building, provide an impressive tribute to days gone by.

Pawhuska, OK Historic Districts

Triangle Building

This is a rare, free-standing triangle building. As early buildings in Pawhuska were constructed, a triangle-shaped piece of land was left in the middle of town. It was a park with a two-story bandstand in the center. In 1915, this five-story, "flat-iron"

Pawhuska, OK Historic Buildings

Pawhuska City Hall

City Hall is located in the building which was the first Osage Tribal Council House. The present stone building, built in 1894, is the second building, as the original was destroyed by fire. The bell in the tower was used to call councilmen to meetings.

Pawhuska, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Pawhuska, OK