Upcoming Events in Roseville Minnesota
The Elephants of Ngorongoro
- Everyone is warmly invited to a special presentation, "The Elephants of Ngorongoro," on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at the Harriet Alexander Nature Center in Roseville. Donatus Gadiye, Senior Elephant Researcher at the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in Tanzania, will give a talk and slideshow updating the current efforts to protect the elephants and other wildlife. Doors open at 7:00pm with the presentation from 7:30-9:00pm. Light refreshments will be provided.
The Harriet Alexander Nature Center is located at 2520 Dale St. N., Roseville, 55113. For questions please call (651) 765-HANC (4262).
Address: The Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale St. N. , Roseville, Minnesota
Nature Center Open House - Year of the Pig
- Come out to the Harriet Alexander Nature Center's Open House for a celebration of pigs and their relatives as we mark the Year of the Pig on Sunday, February 10, 12:30-4:30pm. You'll be "happy as a pig in clover" as you enjoy some music, treats, and some of the fun customs of Chinese New Year. As a special treat, Mudonna, the St. Paul Saints mascot, will be making an appearance from 1:30-2:30pm! You can also check out the nature center's displays including the fabulous indoor tree feature and explore the boardwalk out in the marsh.
The HANC open house is held on the same day as the annual open house at our parking lot neighbor, the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. This is a once-a-year opportunity to peek behind the scenes at this very busy animal "hospital."
The Harriet Alexander Nature Center, an oasis of natural beauty and tranquility nestled within the borders of Roseville, is located at 2520 N. Dale Street. For driving directions or more information visit http://www.CityofRoseville.com/HANC or call 651-765-HANC (4262).
Address: The Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale St. N. , Roseville, Minnesota
Arts @ the OVAL
- Join us for an early season fine arts exposition and sale of jewelry, pottery, photography, fiber art and paintings by more than 25 juried artists.
Address: Roseville Skating Center, 2661 Civic Center Drive, Roseville, MN 55113 , Roseville, Minnesota
|23 - 24||
It's Tapping Time!
- Do you ever wonder where maple syrup comes from? You can find out at the Harriet Alexander Nature Center the last weekend of March for "It's Tapping Time!" Join us on either Saturday or Sunday between 10am and 4pm; drop-in when you want and stay as long as you wish.
Volunteers will demonstrate how to tap maple trees, collect the sap and cook it to make delicious maple syrup. You can learn about traditional syruping methods, listen to Native American stories, make a fun craft and taste maple treats. Kinderberry Hill is donating silver maple tree seedlings, free while the supply lasts (one per family). No charge for this sweet family outing!
For more information, please call the Harriet Alexander Nature Center at (651) 765-HANC (4262). We're located at 2520 N. Dale Street, Roseville, MN 55113 (just south of County Road C).
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale Street N , Roseville, Minnesota
Earth Day Celebration
- Come help us welcome back Spring and celebrate our planet at the Earth Day Celebration on Saturday, April 20, 2019, 10am - 2pm at the Harriet Alexander Nature Center (HANC) in Roseville. We'll also be marking HANC's 29th birthday. You can check out the exhibits and activities inside the building, visit Eureka's recycling truck in the parking lot and learn more about phenology as you take a guided tour of the marsh on the boardwalk. The event is sponsored by Half Price Books and Kinderberry Hill.
As usual, there will be free stuff, all while supplies last: tree seedlings (100) in honor of Arbor Day, April 26; seed packets; and 2019 Chinook Books (100), courtesy of Roseville's Music Go-Round. And everyone can enter a free drawing for a rain barrel or compost bin!
Boardwalk tours, activities, crafts and planting for butterflies run from 10am-1pm, including interactive performances by Will Hale and the Tadpole Parade. The event concludes with the popular Walking Parade and birthday cake for all.
The Harriet Alexander Nature Center is located at 2520 N. Dale Street in Roseville. For more information please call (651) 765-HANC (4262) or visit us online at http://www.cityofroseville.com/HANC.
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale Street N. , Roseville, Minnesota
Wild Rice Festival
- This family-friendly celebration of wild rice, the Minnesota harvest season, and Native American cultures is an all-day event presented with the assistance of event partners Prairie Island Indian Community, Northland Visions, the Pow Wow Grounds Cafe, and Gibbs Farm. The Festival is held free of admission charge, thanks to generous sponsorships from Half Price Books, Great Southern Bank, Skyline Electric and Festival devotee, Ken Malmstedt. All aspects of the festival will take place on the grounds of the nature center.
Free entertainment, exhibits and activities run from 10am-4pm. In honor of our 15th year, we’ve extended the hours of the Festival in order to present a special performance of the critically acclaimed local Native American blues band, Bluedog. Playing from 4:30-6pm, their music is "influenced by life experiences of Native people. . . [and] celebrates life, the good and bad." Food concessions will be available all day, from 10am-6pm: Pow Wow Grounds, Finer Meats & Eats, KCM Eggrolls, Kettle Mania Kettle Corn and 9 Yum Yum (frozen novelties).
A major goal of the festival is to provide education to the Roseville area community about local Native American cultures and traditions. Presentations include the Little Thunderbirds Drum & Dance Troupe and music, stories and more by flute make, Jeff Chapman and Friends. You can watch demonstrations of traditional wild rice harvesting methods, and wild rice cooking by Native Food Perspectives. In addition, Gibbs Farm will share stories of Dakota life in their replica tipi. The festival features hands-on seasonal harvest activities like honey extraction and apple cider. Plus, there are many activities just for kids including crafts projects and Village Games.
This is a Zero Waste event.
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 N. Dale Street , Roseville, Minnesota
Tapped & Uncorked!
- Outdoors at the OVAL, you can sample local beer, wine, and distilled spirits while dancing to the music of Free and Easy. Food trucks, fun games like Human Foosball, and more! Tickets are on sale now through PourFORParks.com, or at Roseville Parks and Recreation office at City Hall. VIP Tent tickets, for hand-distilled spirits & cocktails tasting are an additional $15 (must purchase General Admission ticket as well; VIP tickets are limited). Check out our website for up-to-the-minute details.
Presented by the Friends of Roseville Parks (FOR Parks), a non-profit organization whose members raise funds for the benefit of all Roseville parks and recreation facilities. Tapped & Uncorked brings our community together in a unique location with an opportunity to sample and support local small businesses, plus it’s loads of fun! All funds go directly to the parks to provide recreational facilities and activities for families, children and adults.
Address: Guidant John Rose MN OVAL, 2661 Civic Center Dr , Roseville, Minnesota
- Come celebrate the Day of the Dead (Dia de los muertos)! Sponsored by Roseville Genisys Credit Union, with additional support by Roseville Kinderberry Hill Child Development Center, Skyline Electric and Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers, it's a night of ghostly games, devilish demonstrations and a fun-filled, themed, horse-drawn trolley ride! The event is from 4:30-7:00pm and the $6.50 fee per person includes loads of Halloween fun plus a special treat bag for the kids, popcorn and entertainment near the Halloween fire circle. Children must be accompanied by an adult; costumes are encouraged.
Registration is required. Call (651)792-7006, or stop by Roseville Parks and Recreation at City Hall to register. No online registration is available for this event.
Address: Harriet Alexander Nature Center, 2520 Dale St. N. , Roseville, Minnesota
Designer Handbag Bingo
- The Friends of Roseville Parks invite all purse-lovers to play Designer Handbag Bingo! The event takes place on Saturday, November 3 in Roseville's new Cedarholm Community Building [located at Cedarholm Golf Course]. From 2-4pm there will be ten games of bingo with ten chances to win a brand new, tags-on designer handbag. In addition to refreshments, there will also be a gift card tree filled with gift cards donated by area merchants, an additional opportunity to show your support of our excellent parks. This is FOR Park's first such event, raising money to for projects in our parks.
Tickets are limited and on sale now in person at the Roseville Parks and Recreation office at City Hall, or online through Brown Paper Tickets, rosevillehandbagbingo.bpt.me. For more about the Friends of Roseville Parks, visit https://friendsofrosevilleparks.org.
|30 - 1||
Holiday Craft Fair
- The annual Holiday Craft Fair will be held at Roseville City Hall. Spread out over two levels, more than 50 local crafters and artists will be selling their all-handmade wares. Items include soaps and balms; natural stone, fused glass, beaded and other fine jewelry; photography; pottery; knitted items; fine chocolates and delicious canned jams; and so much more. Coffee and light food service will be provided by Dunn Bros. (Fairview Ave.).
Sale hours are 10:00am - 4:00pm on Saturday, 12:00 - 4:00pm on Sunday. There's no admission charge and plenty of convenient, free parking. Roseville City Hall is located at 2660 Civic Center Drive, at the corner of Lexington Avenue and County Road C (across from the OVAL/Roseville Skating Center).
The Holiday Craft Fair is put on by volunteers from the Harriet Alexander Nature Center (HANC); all vendor fees go to HANC to support environmental education programs. For more information about the event, including a list of participating crafters and a gallery of some of their work, go to HolidayCraftFair.com. For more information about the nature center, please call (651) 765-HANC (4262) or visit CityofRoseville.com/HANC.
Address: Roseville City Hall, 2660 Civic Center Drive , Roseville, Minnesota