LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Student Living History

Starting date:

Always call # confirm
Event# 405-375-5176

Event Details

Demonstrations for school classes, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

* Open to all schools on Friday; Public events on Saturday
* On-going Re-enactments all day - 9 am - 5 pm
* Bobbin Lace - Millinery - Tatting - Spinning - Weaving
* Shootouts - Native Dancing - Chuck Wagon Cook - Civil War
* Encampment - Medicine Man Show -Ongoing demonstrations all day

Student Living History

Address : Chisholm Trail Museum, 605 Zellers Ave. Kingfisher OK
Phone : 405-375-5176   (Always call and confirm events.)

Email Address : chamber@pldi.net

Admission Fee : $2.00 per person and under 6 free

Reenactments

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Cole Cabin

A more ordinary settler family was that of Samuel and Dorothy Cole. They built this cabin southeast of Hennessey in 1890. It was built of oak logs cut on the farm and hauled to the building site in a wagon drawn by a yoke of oxen.

Kingfisher, OK Pioneer History

Senator Bowman Home

Among the many sites of interests in and around Kingfisher, one is the Historical Home of Senator George and Edna Bowman. Mrs. Bowman, still residing in the home is always ready to share the history and story of their life in Kingfisher and in Oklahoma.

Kingfisher, OK Historic Homes

Oklahoma Park

Take the kids on a train ride through Oklahoma Park, past the Municipal Golf Course and almost to the front door of the Vernie Snow Aquatic Center. Besides being located between the Vernie Snow Aquatic Center and Kingfisher's 18

Kingfisher, OK Recreation

Dalton Cabin

In 1889, the parents of the Dalton gang - Adaline Younger Dalton and James Lewis Dalton - planned to move to Oklahoma. Mr. Dalton died on the way, leaving Adaline with three young children to raise: Nancy, Leona, and Simon. An older, feeble-minded son named Charles Benjamin accompanied them.

Kingfisher, OK Pioneer History

First Bank of Kingfisher

D.F. Doak and his brother, Walter, opened the Bank of Kingfisher in a tent on April 22, 1889 - the day of the land run. It stood on the corner of Main and Admire near the center of Kingfisher. Almost immediately, the Doaks built a 20' by 32'

Kingfisher, OK Museums

Things to do near Kingfisher, OK