Built of limestone, this two story structure opened in 1869, only eight years after Kansas became a state. The prisoners were confined in cells on the bottom floor, while the second floor was used by the jailer and his family as living quarters. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hours: May - October 12:30 - 4:00 p.m. Tues. - Sat
November - April 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Tues. - Sat.
Address: 20 S Washington Ave.
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come visit us in Iola, Kansas