LASR.net Homepage




Menu


The Topsy School


category : Historic Schoolhouses
The Topsy School The Topsy School is a one-room school which was moved to its present site, east of the Kyne House Museum in August 1986 from the county west of Westfall and renovated by the Lincoln County Historical Society.
The familiar pot-bellied stove sitting in the middle of a room full of old school desks, a teacher's desk, piano, dunce chair, lunch buckets, books & maps bring back many memories, educate present children about their heritage, and provides the older generation with memories of their youth. An interesting teacher, handcrafted by a local couple, is sitting at her desk to watch over her pupils.

Many school pictures & records are also housed here.

Christmas caroling, spelling bees, and school programs are held here.


Admission: donation
Hours: Currently by chance or by appointment
Address: 216 W. Lincoln Ave.
Phone: 785-524-9997

Come visit us in Lincoln, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Topsy School

The Topsy School is a one-room school which was moved to its present site, east of the Kyne House Museum in August 1986 from the county west of Westfall and renovated by the Lincoln County Historical Society.

Lincoln, KS Historic Schoolhouses

Marshall-Yohe House

The Marshall-Yohe House is a Victorian mansion with original furnishings including hand-painted dolls and china. Forty-five minute guided tours are available.

Lincoln, KS Historic Homes

Stone Double-Arch Bridge

It was a meeting place for three different ethnic groups in the settling days of the area.

Lincoln, KS Historic Bridges

Lincoln County Courthouse

The Lincoln County Courthouse is a limestone monument completed in 1900, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of the facility exists as it was originally hand crafted, and it continues as the administrative and judicial seat of county government.

Lincoln, KS Historic Courthouses

Cummins Block Building - NHR

The Cummins Block Building with ornate limestone and arched windows was built in 1881 in Lincoln, Kansas and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It stands across from the county courthouse.

Lincoln, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Schoolhouses near Lincoln, KS