Upcoming Events in Woodburn Oregon
Cesar Chavez Woodburn Community Health Fair
- The Cesar Chavez Woodburn Community Health Fair will serve as a way to address critical health needs in Woodburn's migrant farmworker population and to empower the community through health education. Central to the event is Cesar Chavez's message of empowering a community through service and knowledge. The health fair is free of charge to all participants.
The goals of the event include:
- Addressing the major health concerns of the migrant farmworker population in Woodburn.
- Educating the community on Cesar Chavez's message of empowerment.
- Increasing health awareness by providing free health screenings, vaccinations, immunizations, activities, materials, demonstrations and information to community members.
- Motivating participants to make positive health behavior changes.
- Educating families on healthy lifestyles.
- Providing immunizations for children and adults.
- Teaching self-care practices and providing local, state, and national health resources for all age groups in the population.
Students from Woodburn High School will volunteer at the event and will be in charge of the opening ceremony about Cesar Chavez.