The Port Library was built as a home of the late Mrs. Emma Port in 1916 and donated to the City of Beloit in 1931. Conveniently located mid-town, the library is provided a rotating collection of materials, is on a state-wide computer link and has access to the collections of virtually any library through inter-library loan.
The Port Library is home to 21,000 volumes, 1,000 records, current and back issues of 90+ periodicals, in-house copying machine and microfilm reader printer, in-house computer, talking book service, deposit collection for hospital, law-enforcement center and classrooms, summer reading program, children story hours, meeting areas and other community services. The library staff take an active part in area economic development moves by providing materials and programs to support individual business' needs.
Come visit us in Kansas, Kansas