- Located near the Bridge of the Americas, gateway to the U.S. and Mexico, the zoo exhibits over 700 animals of about 200
- The \"Zoo\" part of the area has been removed but there still is a Picnic area, a gazebo, and a botanical garden with regional flowers and shrubs are found in the park area. Also, \"kid\'s city\"
- Founded in 1988, the International Exotic Feline Sanctuary'
- One of five largest in state; animals displayed in modern areas simulating natural habitat.
Discovery Center is a "zoo within a zoo,"
- Zoo features a herd of bison grazing on a 20-acre range, plus other animals of the High Plains, and a special "Texotic" exhibit. It'
- Started in 1938 as backyard menagerie; now features more than 2,000 endangered and beautiful wildlife from Africa, North America and South America in natural habitats in this 85
- Fully accredited zoo shows a wide variety of animals and birds; known for its breeding programs for West African crowned crane and Louisiana pine snake. Off Loop 287
- More than 3,500 animals of 750 different species found in one of the premier zoos in North America. This AZA (American Zoo and Aquarium Association) accredited zoo, established in 1914