The T38 Talon Training Plane was flown into Salina by Commander Burl "Peanuts" Rice and a memotial plaque reads:
"In honor of all the men and women of Mayes County who have served in the armed forc... T38 Talon
J. BARTLEY MILAM,
Principal Chief of the Cherokees.
The Cherokee government had been dismantled in 1907 when Oklahoma became a state. In 1941, Milam was appointed Chief for a year by Franklin D. Roosevelt and was reappointed until his death in 1949
North Boat Ramp - A free boat launch is provided by the Salina Lions Club located at the west side of town just off the east side of the bridge on Highway 20 at N. Grace Street. There is also a winter fishing house located at the launch.
The Stone Well House was built in the 1840's and is the oldest structure in the city and county. It was used as a water supply at the time for the Cherokee Indian Orphan Asylum.
The Cherokee Indian Orphan Asylum was built in 1875 and was located where Salina's Old Gymnasium now stands.
The first tree planted in the state of Oklahoma was the Paradise Tree. It was brought over from France by A. P. Chouteau, son of Jean Pierre, in 1802 and planted by Major Jean Pierre Chouteau.
Auguste Peirre Chouteau graduated from the United States Military Academy in 1806