LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Pawhuska City Hall

City Hall is located in the building which was the first Osage Tribal Council House. The present stone building, built in 1894, is the second building, as the original was destroyed by fire. The bell in the tower was used to call councilmen to meetings.

Pawhuska, OK Historic Buildings

Blacksmith House

Built in 1871, this 5 room house with native timbers and 18" thick sandstone walls was the first to be built in Pawhuska. When the Osage were moved from Kansas, Sid Delarue, a Swiss blacksmith, was promised the house if he would come to care for their horses. Listed on the

Pawhuska, OK Pioneer History

Constantine Community Center

The theater was originally built as the Pawhuska House Hotel in the 1880's. In 1911, Mr. C.C. Constantine purchased the building and remodeled it into the elegant Constantine Theater. In 1987, a group of concerned citizens began a long, tedious renovation. It is now over 90%

Pawhuska, OK Historic Theatres

Immaculate Conception Catholic Church

This church is known widely as the "Cathedral of the Osage". Special permission from the Vatican had to be granted to depict living tribal members in the glorious stained glass that was crafted in Munich, Germany in 1919

Pawhuska, OK Historic Churches


Things to do near Pawhuska, OK